Georgia Southern University’s
Department of Writing and Linguistics
2017 Roy F. Powell Awards
Poetry, Fiction, Creative Nonfiction
$100 prize in each category
Recognition at Honor Day
A Featured Reading on March 23rd
All Georgia Southern University students are eligible
Deadline for submission: February 20, 2017 @4pm
email to: LValeri@georgiasouthern.edu
- The competition is open to all Georgia Southern University students.
- You may enter any or all categories by submitting
- three poems, and/or
- one short story no longer than 1300 words, and/or
c . one creative nonfiction piece no longer than 1300 words
- All entries must be original and unpublished.
- All entries must be typewritten. Poetry should be single-spaced; fiction and creative nonfiction must be double spaced.
- Submit entries as an email attachment (doc., docx., or pdf) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the body of your email include your name, email address, phone number, and the category (or categories) of your submission—poetry, fiction, or creative nonfiction
For poetry, submit the three poems as a single file
If you enter in more than one category, attach each category as a separate file
- All entries must be received by 4:00 pm, Monday, February 20th, 2017. Winners will be notified by March 10th and will read from their award-winning work the evening of March 23rd