Georgia Southern University’s
Department of Writing and Linguistics
2014 Roy F. Powell Awards
Poetry, Fiction, Creative Nonfiction
$100 prize in each category
Publication in Miscellany
Recognition at Honors Day
1. The competition is open to all Georgia Southern University students.
2. You may enter any or all categories by submitting
a. three poems, and/or
b. one short story no longer than 1300 words, and/or
c . one creative nonfiction piece no longer than 1300 words
3. All entries must be original and unpublished.
4. All entries must be typewritten. Poetry should be single spaced; fiction and creative nonfiction must be double spaced.
5. Submit entries as an email attachment (doc., docx., or pdf) to:email@example.com
In the body of your email include your name, email address, phone number, and the category (or categories) of your submission—poetry, fiction, or creative nonfiction
For poetry, submit the three poems as a single file
If you enter in more than one category, attach each category as a separate file
6. All entries must be received by 4:00 pm, Friday, February 21, 2014. Winners will be notified by March 10, 2014. If you have not been contacted by this date, you can assume your entry is not a finalist. We regret we cannot contact you personally.
For more information: contact Writing and Linguistics office at 478-0739 or firstname.lastname@example.org